We’ve got a really interesting blogging event going on this week! The stellar Green Lantern-themed blog The Indigo Tribe has recruited several superhero bloggers to assist in covering Green Lantern: Circle of Fire. This fifth-week event from the year 2000 featured two bookend issues, titled Green Lantern: Circle of Fire, and five issues in-between co-starring a brand new Green Lantern Corps member paired up with an established DC superhero. These other heroes included Power Girl, Adam Strange, Firestorm, the Atom, and Kyle Rayner.
The interesting thing about this blogging event/crossover is that it’s all taking place over on The Indigo Tribe blog!
- It all started last week with their coverage of Green Lantern: Circle of Fire #1 by Brian K. Vaughan and Norm Breyfogle. Yes, that’s right Brian K. Vaughan and Norm Breyfogle!
- Coverage continued on Monday with Green Lantern and Adam Strange reviewed by Kelson Vibber from Speed Force.
- Tuesday was Green Lantern and the Atom reviewed by Frank Lee Delano from The Idol-Head of Diabolu.
- Wednesday featured Green Lantern and Green Lantern reviewed by liquidcross from The Indigo Tribe.
- Today features Green Lantern and Firestorm reviewed by The Irredeemable Me!
- Tomorrow will feature Green Lantern and Power Girl reviewed by Michael Bailey from Fortress of Baileytude.
- Finally, the event will wrap up next week with coverage of Green Lantern: Circle of Fire #2 reviewed by liquidcross from The Indigo Tribe.
I was honored to be invited to participate in this blogging event! It was a fun chance to go back and revisit these old Firestorm appearances. Be sure to head over to The Indigo Tribe today and read my review of Green Lantern and Firestorm #1! To help promote the blogging event, I thought today I’d run some pages from the crossover. Enjoy!
Below are two pages from Green Lantern: Circle of Fire #1 by Brian K. Vaughan and Norm Breyfogle. These pages feature Ronnie Raymond being tutored by Ray Palmer (a.k.a. The Atom) in scientific knowledge since Professor Stein was no longer around. I really dig these pages! I’d love to see more of Ronnie and Ray together!
Here is another page from that book featuring one of my favorite Firestorm shots! Breyfogle is a master!
Below you’ll find Firestorm amongst the Justice League (where he belongs!) by Norm Breyfogle. Click the image to enlarge.
Finally, one more series of panels from Green Lantern: Circle of Fire #1 demonstrating some of the difficulties Ronnie went through without Professor Stein around.
Below is the cover to Green Lantern and Firestorm #1 by Cary Nord and Mark Lipka.
Below you’ll find the Elemental Firestorm (Professor Martin Stein) in Green Lantern and Firestorm #1 by Jay Faerber and Ron Randall.
Finally, here is a gorgeous shot of Firestorm in Green Lantern: Circle of Fire #2 by Brian K. Vaughan, Robert Teranishi, and Claude St. Aubin.
Be sure to head over to The Indigo Tribe today and read my review of Green Lantern and Firestorm #1!
Support Firestorm (and Green Lantern)! Fan the flame!