And now, something from the WTF department… Firestork of the Just’a Lotta Animals!
I didn’t realize there was a Firestorm analog in the Just’a Lotta Animals from Captain Carrot and His Amazing Zoo Crew! Just’a Lotta Animals was an anthropomorphic funny animal parody of the Justice League of America that existed in the Pre-Crisis universe of Earth-C-Minus. Having never really read much Captain Carrot, this just passed me right by. This is so wild and fun! I’m definitely going to check out the old Captain Carrot and His Amazing Zoo Crew comics!
Below is a listing of Firestork’s teammates and a few images:
- Super-Squirrel: a squirrel; analog of Superman.
- Batmouse: a mouse; analog of Batman.
- Wonder Wabbit: a rabbit; analog of Wonder Woman.
- Green Lambkin: a male lamb; analog of the Silver Age Green Lantern.
- The Crash: a turtle; analog of the Silver Age Flash.
- Aquaduck: a duck; analog of Aquaman.
- Green Sparrow: a sparrow; analog of Green Arrow.
- Stacked Canary: a canary; analog of Black Canary.
- Hawkmoose: a moose; analog of the Silver Age Hawkman.
- The Martian Anteater: an anteater from Mars; analog of the Martian Manhunter.
- The Item: an elephant; analog of the Silver Age Atom.
- Elong-Gator: an alligator; analog of the Elongated Man.
- Zap-Panda: a panda; analog of Zatanna.
- The Rat Tornado: a rat; analog of the Silver Age Red Tornado
Below is a shot of the entire team on what appears to be their version of the JLA satellite. Elong-gator roasting marshmallows on Firestork’s head is classic! Also, I like that Firestork’s hair includes Kirby Dots! Hooray for Kirby Dots! This is the only Firestork image I can find online. I haven’t read the issue yet, but it’s quite possible the panel below was his only appearance.
Below is another shot of the core Just’a Lotta Animals characters.
Below is the cover to Captain Carrot and His Amazing Zoo Crew #14 (April 1983). This issue contains the only Firestork appearance that I know of.
Support Firestork! Fan the feathers!