Welcome to another installment of FIRESTORM FAN’s Nuclear News! Here are some news and web findings on our favorite hothead. I gotta say, it’s nice to see some love for the “blank slate” incarnation of Firestorm this time around!
- Brightest Day #4 came out yesterday. This is the issue with the Black Lantern Firestorm cover. Be sure to stop by your local comic shop and pick up a copy!
- There was some hubbub amongst Firestorm fans after Brightest Day #3 hit the stands two weeks ago. In the issue they portray Alvin Rusch (Jason’s father) as having two hands. The reason for the confusion is that Alvin Rusch lost his hand in an industrial accident before Firestorm vol III even started. There is lots of speculation, everything from a simple artist mistake to Jason re-growing the hand. At this time, I don’t believe we have an official explanation.
- Over at Primary Ignition, they’ve identified Firestorm the Nuclear Man Annual #5 from 1987 as a hidden gem. This is the issue where the “blank slate” Firestorm was created. Click here to read their commentary on this great issue.
- There is a really great column over at Comic Book Resources on Firestorm vol II artist J. J. Birch (a.k.a. Joe Brozowski). J.J./Joe drew Firestorm during the “blank slate” era. This column specifically focuses on Firestorm the Nuclear Man vol II issues #70 & 71. Click here to check out the article.
- The folks at the DC Multiverse blog pointed out something I never realized. Firehawk (a.k.a. Lorraine Reilly) shares a last name with the second Firebrand (a.k.a. Danette Reilly). This is interesting because they both have fire powers. Could Lorraine Reilly be related to Danette Reilly? Something to consider. Click here to visit the DC Multiverse blog.
- If you’ve got $600 to spare, you can pick up a slightly charred Firestorm action figure on eBay. Yes, you read that right, $600. Clearly this is some kind of joke, but it’s an odd one. Click here to see the eBay entry.
Support Firestorm! Fan the flame!