Welcome to another installment of FIRESTORM FAN’s Nuclear News! Here are some news and web findings on our favorite hothead.
- During the DC Nation panel at Emerald City Comic-Con, Geoff Johns stated when asked about Firestorm, “He is going to be a main character in Brightest Day.” Hot dog! It was pretty obvious that Geoff was planning something for Firestorm, now we have an idea where it will play out! Check out the cover for Brightest Day #3 or #4 below by David Finch! Interesting to note that you can’t see Firestorm’s Black Lantern ring on this cover. Admittedly, it switched hands a few times during the series so it’s possible it’s on his right hand. However, it’s possible the Black Lantern rings are gone after Blackest Night #8. We’ll have to wait and see.
And here is the pencil version of that cover from David Finch’s website. My thanks to Frank (Idol-Head of Diabolu, Atom: The Mighty Mite, Justice League Detroit, and … nurgh…) for sending me a link to the pencil version.
- Here is the solicitation for Brightest Day #3 & #4.
BRIGHTEST DAY #3-4
Issue #3 on sale JUNE 2 • Issue #4 on sale JUNE 16 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US
Written by GEOFF JOHNS & PETER J. TOMASI • Art by IVAN REIS, PAT GLEASON, ARDIAN SYAF, SCOTT CLARK & JOE PRADO • Covers by DAVID FINCH
1:25 variant covers by IVAN REIS & OCLAIR ALBERT
If this is the BRIGHTEST DAY then what is Black Lantern Firestorm doing on our cover?!
Retailers please note: These issues will ship with two covers each. Please see the Previews Order Form for more information.
- Comics Alliance recently published an article on comic book characters they’d like to party with. Firestorm didn’t make the list, but Chris’s Invincible Super-Blog thinks he should have. If you take into account Firestorm’s Extreme Justice years, then he’d definitely be someone to go pub-crawling with. My thanks to Steven Marsh for sending this my way.
- Over at Figure Realm, StEvOtoys put together this snazzy custom Black Lantern Firestorm. Click here for more images and materials used to make it. My thanks once again to Frank (Idol-Head of Diabolu, Atom: The Mighty Mite, Justice League Detroit, and … nurgh…) for sending this my way.
- I recently stumbled across a few Firestorm snowy-day pictures on Flickr. These are by Rohny V and I thought they were worth sharing. Below is one of the pics. I think the composition of this shot is really nice with the sun and snow behind our hero. Click here to see the other picture.
- Be sure to stop by Uncanny Comic Book Scans as they just finished their Firestorm Week! There are some unusual comic pages in the collection. Check it out!
That’s the Nuclear News for now. I’m sure there will be further updates pretty soon with Blackest Night #8 due on March 31, and the Black Lantern Firestorm action figure due on April 14. It’s a good time to be a fan of the Nuclear Man!
Support Firestorm! Fan the flame!